Traditional handheld magnifier with inbuilt LED light to provide extra illumination. Provides 3.5x magnification. The LED offers a white light. To soften the colour of the light, a small yellow filter is included which can be snapped over the LED bulb as an option.
Everyone's needs are different. The magnifiers listed here are only a very small sample of the range available. Vision Australia recommends making an appointment at a Low Vision Clinic near you to get the right magnifier. Call Vision Australia on 1300 84 74 66.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club and Paypal accepted.
- Powered by 2 AA batteries (included).
- Suitable for reading small print e.g. in a telephone directory.
- Simple to use - large, easy to operate light switch and eyelet for lanyard.
- Longlasting LED light bulb.
- The rectangular lens conveniently fits a column of magazines and newspapers.
- Limited distortion of print or image towards edges of the lens.
- Portable and lightweight.
- Can be used by either left or right hand.
- Easy to operate on/off switch.
- The distance to hold the magnifier away from the page so that the print is in focus varies depending on the size of print and your level of vision. It may take some practice to get used to adjusting the height of the magnifier before you get the print or image in focus.
- Use a sloping desk, a reading stand or rest your book on a few cushions on your lap to improve posture when reading which requires this magnifier to stay on the page to keep the print in focus.
- Of the illuminated handheld magnifiers, this one has the largest lens or viewing area.