Everyone is different. The magnifiers listed here are only a very small sample of the range available. Vision Australia recommends making an appointment at a Low Vision Clinic near you to get the right magnifier. Call Vision Australia on 1300 84 74 66.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club and Paypal accepted.
- To fit the head to the handle simply and carefully slide head on and over the globe.
- Very large viewing area/lens.
- Inbuilt illumination makes the reading material easier to see.
- Simply sit the head and handle on the page, no need to hold in position. Therefore, easier to use if reading for long periods.
- Comes with a fold out additional magnifier lens that offers a further 0.5 times magnification. This lens is narrower than the main lens and magnifies one line of text at a time. Some people prefer to not use this feature because it can be distracting but with practice it can be used effectively.
- Make sure the magnifier sits on the page when you are reading to keep the print in focus.
- You may need to adjust the distance of your eyes from the page to see the print clearly.
- Use a sloping desk, a reading stand or rest your book on a few cushions on your lap to improve posture when reading which requires this magnifier to stay on the page to keep the print in focus.
- Very large viewing area with inbuilt illumination of your choice from a selection of handles.
Not very portable compared to handheld magnifiers.