Traditional handheld magnifier with inbuilt LED light to provide extra illumination. Provides 4x magnification. The LED offers a white light. To soften the colour of the light, a small yellow filter is included which can be snapped over the LED bulb as an option.
Combine your LED magnifier with a mobase for tremble free viewing! Your magnifier can be used in the flat or upright position. See here.
Everyone is different. The magnifiers listed here are only a very small sample of the range available. Vision Australia recommends making an appointment at a Low Vision Clinic near you to get the right magnifier. Call Vision Australia on 1300 84 74 66.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club and Paypal accepted.
- Powered by 2 AA batteries (included)
- Suitable for reading small print e.g. in a telephone directory
- Simple to use - large, easy to operate light switch and eyelet for lanyard
- Longlasting LED light bulb
- The rectangular lens conveniently fits a column of magazines and newspapers
- Limited distortion of print or image towards edges of the lens
- Portable and lightweight
- Can be used by either left or right hand
- Easy to operate on/off switch
- The distance to hold the magnifier away from the page so that the print is in focus varies depending on the size of print and your level of vision.
- It may take some practice to get used to adjusting the height of the magnifier before you get the print or image in focus.
- Use a sloping desk, a reading stand or rest your book on a few cushions on your lap to improve posture when reading which requires this magnifier to stay on the page to keep the print in focus.
- Of the illuminated handheld magnifiers, this one has the largest lens or viewing area.
- 75 x 60 mm lens