Keep braille at your fingertips anytime, anywhere, with the Mantis Q40; a first-of-its-kind Bluetooth® keyboard and 40-cell refreshable braille display from HumanWare and APH. With the Mantis, students and professionals no longer need to choose between a keyboard or a braille device – at the same time a professional or a student is typing on the Mantis, the refreshable braille below the keyboard is providing a multi-modal braille complement to the screen reader, making it easier to participate in and succeed at school or at work.
Simple smart and easy to use
Pair the Mantis Q40 with your screen reader and computer, smart phone or tablet or other devices that support Braille such as the Apple Watch or Apple TV. As you type on the Mantis' comfortable laptop sized keys, the refreshable braille line below the keyboard simultaneously provides braille reinforcement to your chosen screen reader via a Bluetooth or USB connection.
Use on the go as an autonomous all-in-one braille reader and notepad.
Mantis Q40 includes onboard memory and Editor application allowing you to make, save and share quick notes on the move.
Make the most of your time; Mantis' Book Reader application allows you to open and read work documents, school assignments and the latest novel from your favourite author, in crisp refreshable braille.
Please note This product is non-returnable unless faulty.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club and Paypal accepted.
- All-in-one, full-size QWERTY laptop-style keyboard and built-in 40-cell refreshable braille display – students and professionals no longer need to sacrifice the use of braille when using a keyboard.
- Supports up to 5 Bluetooth connections, along with one USB connection.
- Functions as another device's keyboard when connected via USB or Bluetooth; functions as a stand-alone device when not connected.
- Online library access such as Bookshare
- Toggles between QWERTY and Perkins-style input when using the onboard smart applications only. Does not apply when connected to a host device.
- Supports .doc, .docx, .txt, .brf, and .brl files.
- Thin and lightweight, easily fits in a laptop bag or backpack.
- Weight: 772 grams
- Dimensions: 17 x 29 x 2 cm
- Bluetooth 4.2
- 40 Braille cells with cursor keys
- WI-FI 802.11 b/g/n - Supporting 2.4ghz only
- 16Gb Internal storage
- SD card – Maximum 64 GB
- USB Host Type A connector
- Haptic feedback
- Removable battery with 15 hrs autonomy
All-in-one Bluetooth® keyboard and 40-cell refreshable braille display, makes it easier to participate in school, university or at work.