JUMP-START STUDENTS' INTEREST IN COMPUTER SCIENCE!
Originally designed by Microsoft ® and developed by APH, this fun and engaging product is designed to teach students how to write computer code. Code Jumper technology takes block coding off the screen and puts it on the table in front of you, making it accessible to all students. Brightly colored plastic pods with oversized buttons and knobs are connected by 'jumper cables' (thick cords) to physically create computer code that can tell stories, music, and even crack jokes.
Please note due to hygienic reasons this product is non-returnable unless faulty.
Listen to David Woodbridge's CodeJumper Podcast:
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club and Paypal accepted.
- Specially developed classroom curriculum (19 lessons representing 25 hours of classroom instruction). The lessons include unplugged activities, guided activities, tutorial videos and exploration time. The curriculum also encourages use of a computer science journal. The lessons span a full range of skills from the basics of computer programming to more complex topics, like topographies and binary numbers. Each lesson includes an unguided activity, a Code Jumper guided activity, exploration time, tutorial videos, journaling and an assessment.
- Quick Start Sheet (Print and Braille)
- Code Jumper makes coding immediately accessible for kids who are blind or visually impaired, and who also have no prior computing experience.
- Code Jumper is an intuitive system designed to be inclusive, enabling all students to work together and build confidence through socialization, cooperation, critical thinking, and hands-on learning.
- Code Jumper teaches underlying skills that can empower the next generation to pursue meaningful careers in computer science.
- Any teacher can facilitate Code Jumper lesson plans without prior computer science experience! A full library of curricula for coding, including teacher guidance and student activities, is included.
- Durable carrying case with the following accessories:
- 1 hub
- 8 play pods
- 3 pause pods
- 2 loop pods
- 1 selection pod
- 1 merge pod
- 8 constant plugs
- 3 variable plugs
- 1 random plug
- 1 infinity plug
- 1 plus plug
- 1 minus plug
- 1 extender cable
- 1 bag for all plugs
As part of the Code Jumper package, we have developed 19 lessons for teachers to use in their classroom planning. Each lesson includes links to tutorial videos and student activities. There are also assessments for each lesson, allowing teachers to evaluate their students’ progress. Access these resources at