Magnifying head that attaches to either an Eschenbach electric or battery handle. Designed for use by resting on top of the reading material. The handle and these heads attach to provide bright inbuilt illumination making the print or image brighter and easier to see. This rectangular head offers 3 times magnification.
Everyone is different. The magnifiers listed here are only a very small sample of the range available. Vision Australia recommends making an appointment at a Low Vision Clinic near you to get the right magnifier. Call Vision Australia on 1300 84 74 66.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club and Paypal accepted.
- To fit the head to the handle simply and carefully slide head on and over the globe.
- Very large viewing area/lens.
- Inbuilt illumination makes the reading material easier to see.
- Simply sit the head and handle on the page, no need to hold in position. Therefore, easier to use if reading for long periods.
- Comes with a fold out additional magnifier lens that offers a further 0.5 times magnification. This lens is narrower than the main lens and magnifies one line of text at a time. Some people prefer to not use this feature because it can be distracting but with practice it can be used effectively.
- Make sure the magnifier sits on the page when you are reading to keep the print in focus. You may need to adjust the distance of your eyes from the page to see the print clearly.
- Use a sloping desk, a reading stand or rest your book on a few cushions on your lap to improve posture when reading which requires this magnifier to stay on the page to keep the print in focus.
- Very large viewing area with inbuilt illumination of your choice from a selection of handles.
- Not very portable compared to handheld magnifiers.