AfterShokz Sport headphones are designed to enable people who participates in outdoor activities to comfortably and safely listen to their portable audio device. With AfterShokz Sport headphones, there is nothing in, on or covering the ears. Using bone conduction technology, the headphones sit in front of the ear, delivering sound through the listener's cheekbones to the inner ear. Allows you to hear ambient noises such as traffic, people talking around you.
AfterShokz Sport headphones are lightweight, sweat and water resistant, and feature an in-line control and a standard 3.5mm connector that fits iPhones, iPods, iPads, MP3 players, most smart phones, a water repellent storage tote, and a limited 2-year warranty.
Please note: Returns for change of mind are not accepted on this product due to health and hygiene.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club and Paypal accepted.
The Aftershokz sports headphones are designed to go around the back of your head and up over the ears, the contacts that on other headphones would normally go in your ears are positioned in front of the ears on the cheekbone.
The following specs are taken from the aftershokz.com web site.
- On/Off Switch
- Volume control
- Built-in micro USB charging port
- Lithium ion battery with 12 hours playtime
- Matte black wraparound headband
- Reflective safety strip on back of wraparound headband for added safety
- 3.5mm gold-plated connector that fits iPhones, iPods, iPads, and most smartphones
- The AfterShokz headphones are bone conductive, this means that you don't actually place the headphones over your ears, the headphone contacts are placed on the cheekbones in front of your ears and the sound is conducted through the bone to your ears. This has the advantage of keeping your ears uncovered allowing you to still hear what is going on around you, e.g. offices, public transport, listening to talking GPS devices
Useful in environments where you need to share headphones such as schools and other training environments (usually sharing headphones is not recommended due to hygiene issues).
- The Aftershokzs were tested in our training environment with a student that used hearing aids. The headphones allowed the student to keep their hearing aids in and still be able to use the headphones to listen to speech coming from the computer. In the past this client would need to remove their hearing aids which then prevented them from hearing the trainer speaking causing a lot of frustration.
- Sound Quality: The sound quality of the headphones is very good, probably not up to the standards that audiophiles would prefer, but is definitely fine for listening to synthetic or spoken word audio. Music sounds fine, but if you're interested in listening to music in an environment where being able to know what's happening around you isn't important, normal on ear headphones will probably be better quality.
- Compared to regular earphones or headphones, AfterShokz enable the wearer to better hear the sounds in the surrounding environment.