Clear and dome-shaped, this is a magnifier that looks like a paper weight. It is very popular with children and executives because it does not really look like a magnifier. Provides distortion-free magnification simply by placing the magnifier flat on the page. Provides 3x magnification. Also known as a ''bright field magnifier'' because the lens directs light onto the object being read making it brighter and easier to see.
Everyone is different. The magnifiers listed here are only a very small sample of the range available. Vision Australia recommends making an appointment at a Low Vision Clinic near you to get the right magnifier. Call Vision Australia on 1300 84 74 66.
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners Club and Paypal accepted.
- Comes with protective carry pouch
- Inconspicuous - looks like a stylish paperweight rather than a magnifier.
- Being plastic, it is lighter weight than a glass visulette.
- Offers magnification that does not distort close to the edges of the lens.
- By sitting flat on the page it is easy to maintain in focus and saves having to hold it off the page - simply slide along and the print remains in focus.
- The design of the lens enables extra light to be directed to the magnified print reducing the need from an extra lamp or light.
- Use a sloping desk, a reading stand or rest your book on a few cushions on your lap to improve posture when reading which requires this magnifier to stay on the page to keep the print in focus.