Vision Australia is committed to customer satisfaction and this commitment is reflected in our Returns Policy.
The Vision Australia Returns Policy applies to all purchases made online at www.visionaustralia.org/shop, in store or over the telephone with a customer service representative.
The Vision Australia Returns Policy does not exclude or replace your rights given under the Australian Consumer Law and regulations. Some of the goods advertised on our website come with a manufacturer's warranty.
Change of Mind
Vision Australia offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on all products. If you change your mind for any reason within 30 days of purchase, simply complete the Returns Form included with your order and return the product to us with a copy of your original receipt.
All return postage or shipping costs (and any insurance costs) must be paid by you (unless the product is defective). Vision Australia reserves the right to charge a fee (to the maximum of the product value) if the product has been damaged during return transit due to insufficient packing.
Vision Australia may offer you an exchange or refund (exclusive of any shipping charges) provided that the merchandise:
- is in saleable condition
- is unworn or unused (with original packaging where possible)
- is not subject to the exclusions listed below
- the exchange or refund is sought within 30 days of purchase.
Refunds will be given using your original payment method.
If you are unable to provide a valid receipt and/or 30 days has passed since the original purchase date, Vision Australia at its absolute discretion reserves the right not to offer an exchange or refund for change of mind. Vision Australia is not required to provide you with a copy of your original receipt to facilitate an exchange, refund, insurance or warranty claim.
Some products cannot be returned and are clearly labelled on the product page of our shop, including:
- Computer and mobile phone software cannot be returned unless faulty. Where available, you should try our free demonstration discs before you purchase to check the software is suitable for your needs.
- Bespoke products cannot be returned unless faulty.
- Imaging and recording products, unless faulty, where you have downloaded your own material and content.
- For hygiene and safety reasons, you cannot return, unless faulty, healthcare items including eye drop dispensers, blood glucose monitors and pill organizers, thermometers, chopping boards, scales and measuring utensils and non-slip items. Where this applies it is indicated on the online product page.
- Items that are purchased via a funded sale (DVA, NDIS, MAC etc) cannot be returned unless faulty.
A valid receipt is either the original Tax Invoice issued with the product or the Order Confirmation Email.
If you believe an item is faulty, you may have rights to a remedy under the Australian Consumer Law. These rights are not impacted by the change of mind policy or limited by a defined timeframe. However the Australian Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period may vary by product (or service) depending on the nature of the goods (or service), the price paid and any representations made about the goods (or service).
Where you believe an item is faulty, it may be necessary for us to send your goods to the manufacturer or their service agent for it to be assessed within a reasonable period of time. If there is a major failure with the item, you may choose a refund, exchange or repair. If the failure is minor, we will repair the item (or, at our discretion, we may replace the item) within a reasonable time.
Where an item is damaged through misuse or abnormal use, Vision Australia cannot provide a refund, exchange or repair, whether fault is identified by Vision Australia, the manufacturer or their service agent.
Vision Australia will require satisfactory proof of purchase before providing a remedy under the Australian Consumer Law.
If you have questions or require a goods return advice number please call 1300 84 74 66 or email email@example.com