Big Visions Books: Craig Shanahan - Cooking up a Storm
- NDIS consumable eligible
Product DetailsIn this section
Craig Shanahan always dreamed of being a chef. But after two operations on his eyes, he was almost completely blind. Craig didn’t let that stop him from following his dreams. Now, Craig is the owner of his own café. Discover how being vision impaired has made Craig an inspiring role model for all Australia.
Just one in a series of three biographies written by Vision Australia, all with successful Australian’s living with blindness or low vision at their heart. Giving Australia three new role models who are determined, resilient, successful and blind. True stories to empower new perspectives of what is possible to build true inclusivity through belief.
"This series of wonderful books is a great way for us to spread that message and help future generations throw off the misconceptions and expectations placed on them by society."
- Vision Australia CEO, Ron Hooton.
- Features an Australian hero
- Champions resilience
- Encourages inclusion
- Shows Innovation
- Has literary credibility
- The braille in this book is printed using UV printing. If you would like an embossed copy to complement your purchase please email [email protected].
- Each story is inspiring and are intended to prompt conversation about what it means to preserve and to help reader develop social and emotional literacy skills
- These books are about every child seeing him or herself in the story and consequently imagining what is possible
- Each book is printed with Braille alongside printed text, which will prompt teachers and parents/carers to talk to about the different ways we can read and learn
- These books are written by a CBCA award-winning author who conducted interviews with each of the biography subjects
Big Visions is a book series, aimed at children who are blind or have low vision. Each book features an Australian hero, who champions resilience and encourages inclusion. These books aim to inspire a child to live the life they choose, by dispelling the misconceptions and expectation placed on them by society.
- Also available in other alternative formats: audio and electronic
- Extent 40pp text (self-ends)
- Craig Shanahan - Cooking up a Storm
Publishing month - June 2023
SpecificationBack to product details
More product information
Powered (No / Battery / Electrical)No
Returnable (Yes / No)Yes
Training recommended (Yes / No)No
In the boxBack to product details
1x Big Visions Book